Sign in to follow this  
Wukku

Camp/Barrels Timer update

Wukku

All, 

Looks like the 45 day ruling we thought barrels subscribed to was incorrect.  I haven't fully tested but Hicks has said Barrels last 8 days without interaction which involves moving items in them. 

Hicks Comment

• Like 3

JMan

Hrmm was just reading this on Reddit and wondering if it was true :D

ZXen

I’m sort of hoping that this extends to tents, because I’ve been up all night planning bloody retribution for the complete loss of my favourite community trading base – six tents in all.

Come to think of it, it probably would be over eight days since I was last there and it would have taken a despicable dickhead considerable effort to dismantle.

I had hoped that this server community was above such piss poor dickheadery.

I will hold off on my planned rampage of destruction for now. It's lucky Wukku started this thread.

Can someone confirm that tents also despawn after eight days of inactivity?

ZXen

Thanks psi-ko, Well they sneaked that one by us didn't they. You'd think a little heads-up would have been in order for something that is a pretty major game changer. I'm surprised all out war hasn't broken out already - or maybe it has.

In the end it's probably a good thing as hoarding will be harder and a few rare items might be made available for the rest of us. 8 days doesn't seem very long though.

I'm glad I didn't act too impulsively last night. Nearly started what might have turned into a very unpleasant chain of events.

ZXen

This might be worth a read.

DayZ Social Media and You: A Guide Read: https://t.co/6L5KVkNdr6

"No other outlet, forum or person/s are sources of current or new information regarding DayZ but the DayZ Development Twitter account

None. That means, when you start writing, "I read somewhere that *insert information for unreleased information regarding dates/items/features* was coming on *insert time*," you can save yourself the keystrokes. Unless we said it here, or in a press release sent to an actual reputable outlet, it's guaranteed not to be a thing. 

Everyone that works at BI with a hand in DayZ still defers new info to this account, even Brian. If we have an official announcement, you're going to find it here and on DayZ.com first, particularly if it's big news."

I suspect we have been misinformed.

I have just gone over my footage and my camp (on hardcore by the way) was interacted with on the 25th. Gone by the 29th. I think everyone can stop worrying about a bug or 8-day timer.:angry:

JMan

Thread cleaned and parts moved to an appropriate thread Here